Business Name: Toxin Taxation
Name: Dr.Surabhi Somani
Location: Hyderabad, India
Establishment (Year): 2017
Category / Industry: Healthcare & Wellness
Sub Category / Sub Industry: Healthcare Services
Number of employees: 11-50 employees
Website URL: https://toxintaxation.com/
Toxin Taxation - Prevention is better than cure – This age-old saying forms the essence of Toxin Taxation which is an organization that brings in preventative measures to curb society of harmful toxins. It aims to initiate toxin-free behavior among individuals and motivate people to initiate investments in their own mind, body, soul, and environment for healthier well-being and a healthier society. With over 10+ years of experience, it has marked a niche in tobacco control and management spanning multiple geographies across the world and working with a diverse set of stakeholders ranging from international organizations such as WHO to the Indian government and huge corporate conglomerates.
MISSION: Toxin Taxation was initiated with the mission to create a tobacco-free world and contributes to achieving SDG 3: “Good health and well-being” by focusing on wellness and transforming the tobacco-consuming ecosystem in the world.
VISION: Their Vision is to create a toxin-free world and promote wellness and health
The solutions to Customer problems:
They provide training related to Tobacco control which makes the toxin-free body.
Pertaining to Tobacco Control, we provide the following 4 services:-
● Awareness: The foremost step to reduce tobacco consumption is to increase awareness about the disastrous impact of tobacco consumption on one’s mind, body, and soul and the effects on their social and economic life. Toxin Taxation conducts awareness sessions targeting all tobacco users
● Training: Tobacco Treatment Specialist Training Program – “AACHARYA” for healthcare professionals – This program is the only accredited program in South-East Asia by the Council for Tobacco Treatment Training Program (CTTTP), USA, and is targeted at healthcare professionals to train them to become tobacco cessation experts. Individuals seeking this training receive a Tobacco cessation and counseling certificate and start their own cessation clinics.
● Cessation: Toxin Taxation provides customized cessation counseling to individuals based on their contemplation phase and physiological needs to quit. The counseling is delivered face to face by experts but with the ongoing pandemic situation, they have shifted towards virtual platforms as well to deliver counseling. Both individual and group counseling is available for tobacco users
● Policy Implementation: To have a wider impact across a larger population group Toxin Taxation has partnered with multiple public and private institutions to implement a “smoke-free” policy. Their key partners include the Government of Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh, and Himachal Pradesh, corporate giants (Infosys, Wipro, TCS), and private universities.
TRAINING PROGRAM AND CESSATION SERVICES
Why do they need a tobacco treatment program?
● Low participation of psychologists and counselors in tobacco control
● Lack of focused curriculum in tobacco cessation and control
● Absence of participation of medical institutions in tobacco control
● Lack of clinical competency in existing tobacco cessation counseling training
● Need for a multidisciplinary approach
● Positive outcomes from a tobacco treatment program
For an effective intervention for tobacco control they propose training medical professionals, dentists, nurses, community workers, social workers, trainers, psychologists, counselors, and even graduates interested to make this world Tobacco free, etc via AACHARYA which is the only accredited program in South East Asia by CTTTP providing “Very Brief Advise” along with other cessation techniques and cessation counseling to tobacco users; and produce evidence establishing their efficacy in reducing tobacco consumption and increasing quit rates as well as empowering them to become cessation promoters enabling increased awareness about impacts of tobacco consumption.
Smoking Cessation for Tobacco Users and Smokers
Research shows that the best way for people to quit smoking is through evidence-based smoking cessation technologies and programs. Such services include, among others, prescription drugs, nicotine over-the-counter products, and counseling.
Smokers who take part in cessation programs are more likely to successfully quit smoking, defined as abstinence for six months or more, than those who attempt quitting on their own.
They provide Individual Counseling, Group Counseling, and Corporate Wellness programs.
The following are the major comprehensive approaches used for Tobacco Control: -
a) Biopsychosocial Model
b) Clinical Assessments
d) Evidence-based Treatment, processes, CBT, and MI
e) Group Counseling
f) Law and Ethics
Brief Intervention Support and follow-up: It involves providing straightforward advice to candidates using 5As and the 5R approach.
Unique Value Proposition:
Toxin Taxation has a program called "AACHARYA" which is the only accredited program in South East Asia by CTTTP which is an accredited body for tobacco control treatment programs providing “Very Brief Advise” along with other cessation techniques and cessation counseling to tobacco users and produce evidence establishing their efficacy in reducing tobacco consumption and increasing quit rates as well as empowering them to become cessation promoters enabling increased awareness about impacts of tobacco consumption.
There are only 25 such programs in the whole world, out of which 22 are in America only and 3 in other parts of the country including them.
For an effective intervention for tobacco control, they propose training for medical professionals, dentists, nurses, community workers, social workers, trainers, psychologists, counselors, and even graduates.
Company’s Internal Objectives related to innovation, customer service, and operational excellence:
Most innovative products/services,
Invest a certain amount in innovation,
Improve or focus research and development,
Investing in Great customer service
A customer’s review:
Best value for the cost,
Understands customer’s needs,
Most innovative products/services
Benefits to Employees:
Positive Work Environment,
A Fair Salary,
Freedom in the Workplace,
Offer Training and Development,
Growth Career Opportunities
Community / Society Service:
They organize various tobacco awareness camps and activities.
They help in keeping the body toxin-free with the help of effective counseling.