Customer Segmentation Strategy Checklist
The key questions you need to answer to develop a successful customer segmentation strategy for your business
1. Who do we want to talk to?
2. What do we know about these groups?
Phone number, email address
3. Where do we hold this information?
4. How up to date is it?
5. Does it comply with data protection rules?
6. Have we checked the Telephone Preference Service?
7. Are email addresses opt-in?
The same Regulations say you can only email individuals who have specifically consented to receive marketing messages from you - although there's an exception made for your own previous customers.
8. What is the buying history of customers?
9. Have we grouped customers into different types?
10. Have we developed profiles of each type of customer?
11. Is our marketing communication targeted?
12. Are there some easy wins?
13. In cold contact, what is our response rate?
14. What is our conversion rate?