top of page
  • Writer's pictureGreat Companies

BM Balakrishna, Founder at AQUAPOT


Great Companies: How did you get your idea or concept for the business?

BM Balakrishna: The story begins with me failing seven times in my 12th grade, and later earned 400 Rs per month as a car washer. After working as a marketing executive for 10 years, I was frustrated with company sales targets and eventually decided to start my own business.


When I started in this field, one of my friends suggested I do a water purifier business like that. When I started in this field, I observed that only 20% of the people were using branded water purifiers, while the other 80% were using non-branded water purifiers.


When I bought the brand purifier, I opened all the components and found that there were 46 components all together. I thought we could make a branded purifier if I could get 46 quality spare parts and assemble them.


My business started with a tagline, " purity assured ", and I started selling to friends and relatives. Initially, I used to do everything myself, including sales service. In a short time, we got a good response and grew into a leading water purifier brands in india


Great Companies: What are the various Services provided by AQUAPOT

BM Balakrishna: Aquapot now has RO stores all over south India selling water purifiers. We are one of the biggest water treatment components companies in India with over 100 distributors.


Great Companies: What makes AQUAPOT different from hundreds of other Water Purifier firms?

BM Balakrishna:

As aquapot, we were different from others because we do not sell water purifiers the traditional way. We survey and select the people who can be of interest. Then we train them the right way to sell and service. Motivation and providing technical information on products with sales tips to enable them to become exclusive dealers in that region.

We at Brand are committed to delivering quality products and services to our customers. I personally dedicate myself to working with continuous product development.


In order to be successful, BRANDING is key. We have our own brand names for all the products which we sell in the market. We provide quality products - branding - quality assurance - sales - technical support - after sales service.



Great Companies: What are the struggles and challenges you face?

BM Balakrishna: There was no one who encouraged me when I mentioned I was going into business.In fact, my parents told me the business was not suitable according to astrology and forced me to drop the idea.The sales work I was doing was making me completely frustrated.


If the worst happened, I was ready to open a panipuri shop anywhere.In my opinion, if we take opinions, nothing will ever happen.


Having faith in the concept and allowing myself to do anything beyond my (uncomfortable) comfort zone led me to decide to start a business. (DAR KE AAGE JEET HI) This tag line motivated me to do something that I had never done before.Thus, I can say that taking my first step towards business was the most challenging.As a result of my PF refund, I started this business with 1.27 lakhs


Starting a business can be challenging, but I overcame all the challenges to become one of India's leading water companies.


Great Companies: How do you plan to grow in the future? What does 5 years down the line look like for AQUAPOT?

BM Balakrishna: From nothing to 30 Cr in turnover. At present, aquapot operates largely in the southern part of India.We plan to open pan-Indian stores in the coming years. As well as some new technology-driven products.


Great Companies: If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?

BM Balakrishna: I advise "not to take advice" just do it if you are confident. Aside from all that, I personally believe that if all the doors are closed, just break it or make it.



Website : www.aquapot.in

0 comments

コメント


bottom of page