Annand Khatpe, Founder at Spaces Alive Interior Designers
Great Companies: How did you get your idea or concept for the business?
Annand Khatpe : 20 years back when I was studying designing I realized that I would be of good help to the community with the inborn talent of having different material and aesthetic sense of houses and peoples lifestyle, where I thought my knowledge would make a difference in people’s life, that is when the idea of doing things in a professional manner and in stipulated time frame kicked in. Weather it is
• Small Space, Large Furniture
• Large Space, Small Budget
• Big, Bare, Bland Walls
• Harsh Lighting
• Formidable Floating Rugs
• The Forgotten Foyer
• Establishing the function of the room
• Ensuring the furniture is just right and in proportion and scale to the room
• Identifying the focal point of the room
• Overcrowding the room with too much stuff
• Keeping the furniture away from the walls
• Selecting the right paint colours
and here I am doing the same and getting lots of overwhelming smiles on the faces, those who otherwise would have to through endless
Great Companies: What are the various Services provided by Spaces Alive Interior Designers
Annand Khatpe : We do TURN KEY PROJECTS
At Spaces Alive, in addition to delivering end-to-end home interior solutions in stipulated time frame (design, execution, installation, handover), we also offer a matchless 10-year warranty to keep you shielded against inevitable wear and tear. Our service philosophy, coupled with our ethos of ensuring elevated customer experiences, has led us to being awarded the ‘Most Innovative Interior Design Company’ by Forbes India Magazine. Our projects are rooted in aesthetic designs, and functional interiors.
• Meeting the clients on site and identifying the feasibility of the property
• Conceptualization of the designs as per client’s requirements through different mood boards which gives the clients a fair idea that we have understood their requirements and taste.
• Developing schematic designs / drawings
• Converting them in to 3D photo realistic images
• Contracting – Putting in place the approved designs with various agencies and vendor – Civil, false ceiling, electrification, painting, modular kitchen, appliances, carpenter
• Selection of loose furniture and décor item
Great Companies: What makes Spaces Alive Interior Designers different from hundreds of other similar services providers?
Annand Khatpe :
Spaces Alive has an upstanding quality code, with award-winning, interior designers, intelligent designs and functionality-first protocols. Our designers are among the crème de la crème of the industry.
Great Companies: What are the struggles and challenges you face?
Annand Khatpe : Being in this industry for long there aren’t any challenges as such for us in the industry that we are working.
Great Companies: How do you plan to grow in the future? What does 5 years down the line look like for Spaces Alive Interior Designers?
Annand Khatpe : Spaces Alive is one of the leading companies in the field in Pune and would be expanding in different states providing our services
Great Companies: If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
Annand Khatpe :
Invest in Art.
Make use of vertical space
A good mirror is a must
Add in plenty of texture
Think about what you need the space to do
Don’t forget about natural lighting
Make a statement with paint
But also think beyond it
Listen to your gut
Bring nature inside