Anjana Patodia - Co Founder of Koras women happiness world
Great Companies: Please tell me something about the business and how did you come up with such an idea?
Anjana Patodia: Koras aims to provide impetus to women entrepreneurs, hence the following common obstacles are tackled by the platform which helps a women entrepreneur to initiate her venture.
We are a team of 5 co-founders belonging to various age groups from 24 years old - 55 years old. As women of different ages we started identifying the barriers women face to grow individually and to grow their business. We as a solution brought up koras keeping in mind young girls who would want to start their business, young mothers thriving to still work and micro entrepreneurs.
Great Companies: What are the various services and products provided by your company?
1. A platform whereby her various skills and work of art can be exhibited in the Koras exhibition gallery, without any fixed rental cost. A minimum percentage revenue is shared at the point of sale of products from the gallery.
2. Koras a child play area within the premises, where there are care takers are at a full time help. Hence, any person intending to work, present a seminar, attend a seminar or exhibit work can proceed with it irrespective of family commitments.
3. As a part of membership program various activities are carried out regularly at the Koras premises whereby keeping women health and fitness, hygiene and wellness in mind. Thereby involving in their day to day life improvement.
4. It is developing a community by the way of membership which provides a good database and network, who in turn can be the first clients of any venture operated from the Koras premises.
Great Companies: Why should one choose you over others in this field?
1. We are one of our kind organization where we are investing by partnering by facilitating the women powered business.
2. There is no percentage equity stake or any rights that are being asked for against the services provided by the Platform.
3. The place is specifically designed keeping in mind the concept of Women entrepreneurship in mind and hence supportive facilities like children play area are inbuilt. Which can help them keep their commitment both towards family and business balanced.
Great Companies: What are the struggles and challenges you face?
Anjana Patodia: We face few challenges and struggle we face is make women believe that they should growing individually is important.
Great Companies: What do you think are the few main things which are most important for a successful business?
1. We are providing a low cost platform to display the products and goods that they want to sell for business.
2. Providing a play area for kids makes it possible for a woman to strike a balance between opportunities and responsibilities. Also work and nature from the same platform whenever needed.
3. Along with a place, Koras provides a network and the first customers the business. Which makes them sustainable and persistent.
4. Koras is a place whereby a lot of seminars are organized for training and development of overall skills of women too.